Friday, September 27, 2013

Free keyboard templates for the SAM4s ER-5200M and others

When you buy a cash register from a dealer you should make sure you get a template for making your own custom keyboards. The Cash Register Guys have a page with several free keyboard templates downloads.

We always suggest printing a blank template out before you spend two hours laying one out only to find you downloaded the wrong one.

Also keep in mind many of these templates will work on numerous models. Here is a link to the SAM4s ER-5200M Keyboard Template which by the way will work on a ER-4900, ER-5100, ER-6500, SER-7000 and many more. Download and print it out first to make sure!

If you need help picking out a new register call us at 1-800-863-2274

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes I have a Samsung ER-150 that I bought from someone. It is in excellent shape, almost brand new. I have tried for hours to program tax on the DPT1 button. I am not sure what I am doing wrong?? It must be very simple program as there are only a handful of buttons on the machine. I downloaded the manual and printed it out. I was wondering if you could help me. Our sales tax here is 8.25%.

Dave said...

For the sales tax if a straight percentage add on like a normal tax. Switch to P mode, enter 108250 press Tax

To make either department taxable switch to P, enter 1 press Dept button to be programmed. Switch back to Reg and you should be good to go.

SAM4s cash register

Speedie said...

I have a sam4s er900 Flat Keyboard register. I need help setting up the tax. The rate for all of my items is the same which is 9%
I tried for hours and was not able to do it
Thank you

Dave said...

Speedie,

We may have posted directions for that some time ago but sorry I don't have time to detail it. First you set your tax rate then you program the PLU's in program 100 I think it is that they are taxable. The original manual for the 900 had a typo so you might need an updated manual. We make the manuals available for free here https://www.cashregisterguys.com/sam4s-cash-register-resources.html

We also offer tech support over the phone with our techs. if interested you need to call and get on the schedule as our techs are in high demand. The fee as of today is $60 for a half an hour call which would handle that. Number is 253-839-9636