The SAM4s ER-180u is a simple entry level cash register
If you are looking for a simple low cost cash register you will want to take a look at this one. The model ER-180u is about as basic as they come. This register is designed for when you need something small, lightweight and simple. It has 16 buttons/categories, multiple tax rates, multiple payment types and a receipt printer. So it has all the basic most people need in a simple register.
What makes this cash register an entry level model and lower cost than others?
Like we mentioned above this is an entry level model. What features is it missing that make it lower cost than traditional models? You should probably know the following before you buy. For some these are reasons to upgrade to a bigger model and for others it does not matter.
- Does not have a cash drawer key. For most not a big deal and most people never use the lock in the first place.
- Has a four bill four coin cash drawer. For some this is a show stopper, so please think hard about this. This is one reason the register is smaller of course.
- The Cash Drawer insert or Till is not removable. This is not an issue normally for people looking for a simple register.
- The register does not have a physical key which is pretty standard on bigger models. this one uses a button to toggle between the different modes. Not a big deal at all really but some users have had trouble adjusting because they are use to grabbing a key and truning to Register or Z as an example. With this model you press a "Mode Button" to toggle between Register, X, Z, program etc.
- This model has a receipt printer only, no journal printer. Please keep in mind you do not need a journal to get your reports.