Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What Happened to Samsung Cash Registers

We do not get this question as often as we used to but a few people still remember and or use Samsung Cash Registers. So here is the story as related to me. Samsung marketed cash registers all over the world for years. Samsung never made the cash registers they sold however few people knew that or probably cared. Sometime ago for what ever reason Samsung decided to get out of the Cash Register Business. The company that had always made the Samsung Cash Registers I guess was given the option of purchasing the rights or maybe they did not have to buy anything not sure but anyhow they started marketing the Cash Registers they always made for Samsung on their own and came up with the name SAM4s. Yes the name SAM4s has a meaning however I have forgotten it but I blogged about it several years ago and a person from SAM4s commented and educated me on the meaning. I know it is like Strong, Silent, etc etc It was nice and strong sounding sorry I can't remember.

This was a great move because SAM4s has taken the line and made it GREAT. I think SAM4s is running away from the pack and setting new standards for Cash Registers in Functions, Features, Options and pricing. The only distributor for SAM4s Cash Registers is CRS who also opertates a small retail dealers ship as well.

Even though SAM4s is really running over everyone else in the industry I hope some competition remains and stages a come back. As great as SAM4s has been I think history has proved nothing good comes out of a monoply of the market!

No comments: