Monday, September 17, 2012

How to pick a cash register

When picking out your cash register there are a a minimum of ten important questions you should answer before beginning your search.
  1. Will I need a receipt and journal?
  2. How many departments/groups will I need?
  3. How many sales tax rates to I need to charge/track?
  4. Will I want to use a bar code scanner?
  5. What style keyboard do I want? Restaurant style flat or retail style raised?
  6. Do I need one register or multiple?
  7. Do I need integrated credit card / gift card?
  8. Do I want to program on my own or have it done?
  9. Do I need a commercial grade cash register or a consumer grade register?
  10. Do I want to track inventory or just sales?
Of course there are many more questions but answering the above will get you started in selecting the correct type of register. We will try to address each of these questions over the next couple weeks on the blog.

No comments: